We've definitely been here before, but reports in the Spanish press are claiming that James Rodriguez is on the cusp of joining Manchester United.
According to Radio Caracol (via AS), James' big move to Old Trafford will be made public afterReal Madrid's final league match of the season, away at Malaga on Sunday evening.
Romelu Lukaku has taken the unusual step of publicly rubbishing a tabloid transfer rumour linking him with a summer move to Manchester United.
The Sun ran with the supposed news that the Everton striker had privately decided against a returnto Chelsea as he didn't want to be "lumbered with defensive responsibilities" underAntonio Conte's system, ergo leaving United as his preferred destination because they're playing such energetic, dynamic, free-wheeling football at the moment.
Uncanny. No sooner had Pies included Michael Keane in our Alternative Team of the Seasondid the news break that he'll likely be moving on up the ladder come the end of the season.
Indeed, Sky Sports News are reporting that Keane has politely informed Burnley that he wishes to leave the club at the next available juncture.
Having madejust eight Premier League appearances so far this season,it's looking increasingly likely that Luke Shaw isn't long for Manchester United.
Now, Jose Mourinho has given the most explicit signal yet that the perennially unfancied £30million left-back's tenure at Old Traffordmay be coming to an end.
Word on the wire today is that Manchester United are close to allowing Bastian Schweinsteiger to leave the club mid-season in favour of a switch to MLS.
The German, who has made just four appearances for United this season, has reportedly agreed a short-term deal with Chicago Fire.
According to the Chicago Tribune, a deal was struck between the two clubs yesterday with a medical and a Visa now the only obstacles to overcome.
With Wayne Rooney looking like more of a spent force at Manchester United with every passing week, there's a good chance his number might be upat the end of the season.
While the Chinese Super League has already come a-callin'to no avail, it's all the more likely that Rooney will end up either, A) continue clogging everything upat Old Trafford forever and a day, or B) opt for a less disruptive move to another English side.
Cutting the cheese: Wayne Rooney's last act as a Manchester United player?
Having failed to trouble the Manchester United starting line-up for several weeks, rumours have once again begun to churnthat Wayne Rooney will be heading off to China before the Super League's transfer window shuts next week.
With a prospective move to Manchester United keeping the rumour mill churning for what seems like an age, Antoine Griezmann has finally piped up to let everybody know that's he's perfectly happy at Atletico Madrid.
That said, in doing so, the French forwardalso revealed that he's been studiously mulling over his options of late.
It sounds like Arsenal have concluded their first transfer diddlingsof the summer by formally agreeing to sign Sead Kolasinac from Schalke.
Kolasinac's contract with the German side is due to expire on 30th June, after which he will move to the Emirates on a freebie
It was reported several weeks ago that the Gunners had successfully procured themselves a pre-contract agreement with the Bosnian left-back.
Word emanating from Bosnia is that Arsenal may have gone out and ring-fenced a rather handy little defensive acquisition.
Indeed, the BIHscout.ba database (via Football London) are reporting that the Gunners have secured a pre-contract agreement with Schalke left-back Sead Kolasinac.
The 23-year-old Bosnian international defender is said to feature prominently on both Chelsea and Manchester United's summer transfer hit-lists, though it would appear that Arsenal have secured themselves first dibs.
With the wrangling and speculation over his contract situation still churning away, it's being mooted that Arsene Wenger has come to a decision about his immediate future with Arsenal.
Speaking in the tunnel after Saturday's slovenly defeat to West Brom, Wenger admitted thathe'd made the calland that everybody would be informed "very soon".
Arsene Wenger has added a new name to the ever-lengthening list of players he's nearly signed for Arsenal over the years.
The player in question is Kylian Mbappe, with Wenger revealing that he attempted to pilfer him from Monaco last summer only to realisethat he was in direct competition with every other big club in Europe.
Not that it took a wild leap of imagination to guess, but it has emerged Alexis Sanchez was dropped from Arsenal's starting line-up for their match against Liverpool as punishment for storming out of a training session in midweek.
According toDavid Hytner in the Guardian, Wenger decided to start with Sanchez on the bench after the Chilean instigated a "dressing-room slanging match" with some of his teammates.
Turns out the clamour in Chile for Alexis Sanchez to leave Arsenal isn't quite as fervent as first thought.
Of the thousands of irked fans who signed up on Facebook to march through the capital city of Santiago in protest of Sanchez's perceived career stagnation at the Emirates, a mere fraction turned up.
Fed up at seeing their main man let down by his teammates, thousands of Chile fans have organised a campaign to persuade Alexis Sanchez to ditch Arsenal at the end of the season.
A Facebook event page has been set up called "National March for Alexis Sanchez to leave Arsenal", with over 5,000 Chilean zealots signing up to march through the city of Santiago on 1st March.
Amid a flurry of tabloid chatter, Arsene Wenger has ruled out making a move for Joe Hart come the end of the season.
Speculation was rife on Thursday morning that Arsenal were preparing a £15million offer for Hart, who is currently plugging away at Torino on a season-long getawayfrom Man City.
Peterborough United have confirmed that they've been forced to turn down a bid for a player they haven't technically even signed yet.
A week or so back, Peterborough agreed a three-year contract with Dover Athletic striker Ricky Miller that would see the newly crowned 'National League Player of the Year' make the move as soon as his current deal expires this summer.
Proving that some things are just to perfect to last, Coventry City have today agreed to mulch the remainder of Yakubu's contract.
The Nigerian legend signed for the Sky Blues on 13th February on a deal that supposed to run until the end of the season.
However, having made just three appearances (69 minutes in total; zero starts, zero goals) since then, the League Two side have decided to release the Yak back into the wild.
It's official. The Yak is back and there ain't a gosh darn thing y'all can do about it.
After impressing on triallast week, Coventry City have taken up the option to sign ex-Everton, Portsmouth and Nigeria striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni on a short-term contract until the end of the season...
SIGNING: #CCFC complete the signing of striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni until end of the current season.
The huge news emanating from League One today is that Coventry City have welcomed a bona fide Premier League legend into their fold.
Indeed, the Sky Blues have taken former Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Everton hero Yakubu 'The Yak' Aiyegbeni on trial...
Yakubu is on trial at Coventry City.
Everton boss Ronald Koeman has issued a one-week ultimatum to Ross Barkley as the midfielder continues to deliberate over signing a new contract with the club.
Barkley has had a lot to endure from a personal standpoint in recentweeks, and has also found himself chopped and changed in and out of the first-team.
Surprise, surprise. Xavi has categorically denied speaking to The Sun after the tabloid recently ran a story claiming the ex-Barcelona captainhad insider knowledge on Pep Guardiola's supposed interest in signing Dele Alli.
In apiece ran on 25th April, The Sun claimed Xavi had told them Guardiola was ready to plunder Alli from Spurs in a "record transfer deal" this summer.
He's only been in the job five minutes and already Tony Adams is revolutionising things from the ground up atGranada CF.
At hisintroductory press conference, the former Arsenal defender vowed to use his "40 years of experience" (he's only 50-years old) to give the struggling squad a "kick up the arse".
As anybody who has witnessed him in "action" for New York City over the past year or so will duly attest, Andrea Pirlo effectively retireda while ago now.
Indeed, with the 37-year-old midfielder having now dwindled to an insouciant saunter, it's being rumoured that he's finally about to shuffle off the footballing coil and into the coaching racket.
Photo: IK Start (via @SquawkaNews/Twitter)
Alas, Nigel Reo-Coker will play no further part in Tony Adams' experimental revolution at Granada after signing a short-term deal with Norwegian top-flight side IK Start.
The 32-year-old midfielder was officially unveiled as a Start player on Wednesday morning and, according to the club's website, is likely to make his debut on the same day by playing some part in tonight's reserve team cup match against Flew.
Nikita Baranov is unveiled at Kristiansund (Photo: @KristiansundBK/Twitter)
Norwegian top-flight side Kristiansund BK have utilised an alternative income streamto help bolster their squad ahead of their new season.
With the 2017 Eliteserien campaign due to kick off in early April, KBK were able to bring in a handfulof free transfers over the off-season.
Not that it was ever actually on the cards, but it looks like you can go ahead a nip any prospectof Andre-PierreGignac joining PSG in the bud right now.
Gignac is currently one goal shy of his half-century for Mexican side Tigres (in just 86 appearances), who he joined after spending five years banging them in for his hometown club, Olympique Marseille.
Further endearing himself to the fans he left behind, Dimitri Payet has claimed he was desperate to leave West Ham because he was "bored" of playing for them.
In an interview with L'Equipe, Payet discussed the questionable manner in which he forced through a move to Marseille in January.
Theway of approaching matches, the defensive system put in place, did not please me.
Both Newcastle and West Ham United have been raided this morning following an HMRC investigation into potentially iffy transfer dealings.
According to the Independent, both St. James' Park and the London Stadium were the subject of warrants, and Newcastle's managing director, Lee Charnley, has been arrested.
After months and months of negotiations, Cheick Tiote has finally brought his seven-year stint at Newcastle to an end and left forthe bright lights of China.
It was initially reported that Tiote was in talks to join former Toon teammate Papiss Cisse at Shandong Luneng, but today it's been announced the Ivorian has signed for Beijing Enterprises Group FC on a two-year deal.
As jointly announced earlier in the week, John Terry and Chelsea two previously synonymous entities are to cleave themselves in twain come the end of the season.
After 22 years (and 14 major honours) at the club, man and boy, Terryhas been rendered surplus to requirements and as such will be down the Job Centre come June.
After several months of umming and ahhing, Chelsea and John Terry have jointly announced that they will be parting company come the end of the season.
In a joint-statement released via the Blues website, the club thanked Terry for his 22 years of dedicated service, though the player made no mention of whether he intends to play on elsewhere.
Hear that? That faint moaning is every Premier Leaguetabloid gossip column hack weeping in unison at the news that the man who was poised to provide a fairbulk of their summer mileage has been taken off the market.
Fresh from scoring twice in Tuesday's thrashing of Barcelona, Paulo Dybala has signed a new and improved contract with Juventus through to 2022.
How quickly things can change, eh? Just when it looked like Romelu Lukaku was odds-on to extend his stay at Everton, it emerges that the Belgian striker has now rejected the offer on the table.
Last week Lukaku was reported to have agreed terms on a mammoth new £140,000-a-week contract extensionthat would've madehim the highest-paid player in Everton history, with his agent Mino Raiola saying the deal was "99.
Barnsley have successfully managed to sign Stevie Mallan from St Mirren even after somehow managing to lodge their first official bid with an unofficial fans' website by mistake.
As reported earlier in the week, the Tykes accidentally emailed their opening offer to Black and White Army (a fans' forum with the URL 'stmirren.
Romario, Mazinho and new father Bebeto "rock the cradle" at the 1994 World Cup (Photo: PA)
In what is certain to come as alarming news for footballs fans of a certain age, the newbornbaby that Bebeto welcomed into the world at the 1994 World Cup is now a mature and fully functioning adult.
Vincent Kompany has paid heartfelt tribute to Pablo Zabaleta after Man City announced on Sunday that the Argentinian will be released back into the wild come July.
Indeed, City confirmed that, after nine years of fiercely loyal service, the club will not be renewing the veteran full-back's contract when it expires this summer.
Out of the blue yonder, Jonas Olsson has ended his nine-year stint atWest Brom with a sudden move back home to Sweden.
The 34-year-old has left the Baggies with immediate effect, mulching the last few months of his contract in order to join Djurgarden IF.
Judging by his statement onthe official West Brom website, the news even seems to have taken Olsson by surprise:
It's all happened so quickly I've not had chance to say a proper farewell to so many people.
It's being claimed that Romelu Lukaku has agreed terms on a mammoth new contract at Everton and will sign it later this week.
Talks have been churning away for weeks over a new deal, with the Belgian striker's agent Mino Raiola recently confirming that an announcement was "very close".
According to TalkSPORT, who have been in contact with Raiola, the finer details have now all been agreed on an improved five-year contract and both camps are just waiting for the chairman to get his cheque-signing biro out.
Southampton are on the cusp of shoring up the signing ofMartin Caceres, after the former Barcelona and Juventus defender came through a medical today.
According to the Guardian, Caceres a free agent since leaving Juve last summer will reportedly sign for the Saints "in the next few days" pending the approval of a work permit.