Mario Balotelli could be set for a bargain basement move to Arsenal or Liverpool. The Daily Mail claims that the former Manchester City striker will be available for the 'knock down' price of £12m in the January transfer window. The Italian side are said to be running short on patience with Balotelli's regular bust-ups, while [.
St Etienne midfielder Josuha Guilavogui is a target for Arsenal if the north London club fail in their attempts to sign Yohan Cabaye from Newcastle. The 22-year-old France international is a defensively-minded midfielder and, at 6ft 2in, is arguably much more like the sort of player the Gunners are lacking at the moment.
A bizarre report in today's Daily Mail suggests that Arsenal starlet Alex Oxlade Chamberlain only makes late substitute appearances to keep the club's accountants happy. In his piece, journalist Neil Ashton claims that a clause in the England international's contract means the Gunners have to pay his former club Southampton £10,000 every time he plays [.
Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher says the club's wantaway star Luis Suarez is too good for them. Carra, Suarez's team-mate until his retirement at the end of last season, claims that the 26-year-old striker is one of the best players in the world, while his former team can no longer claim to be one of the [.
In recent weeks Premiership club Arsenal have been heavily linked to Brazilian sensation Bernard. Reports out of the Daily Mail have made the deal appear to be nearing conclusion, with the 20-year old winger set to arrive in London to finalize the transfer. Bernard caught the national limelight after impressing in Brazil's recent triumph in the Confederations Cup.
Arsenal have told Arsene Wenger they are prepared to spend £40m to bring Luis Suarez to the Emirates but Liverpool will demand £55m for their striker. After having a £30m bd rejected by the Anfield club, Wenger has had a frustrating wait while the club decided whether to sanction a higher bid for the [.
Michael Carrick will be named in England's starting line-up to face Poland this evening, according to the Daily Mail. Media reports appear to be unanimous in their assessment that Chelsea's Frank Lampard will drop to the bench from the team that faced Montenegro on Friday. While the Daily Star suggested that Arsenal's Jack Wilshere would [.
Ravel Morrison's excellent start to the new season could be rewarded with a call-up to Roy Hodgson's England squad. The West Ham midfielder could be the surprise call-up for next month's decisive World Cup qualifiers against Poland and Montenegro, according to the Daily Mail. The 20-year-old has only played five Premier League games for the [.
The Premier League big boys are said to be keeping a close eye on Andrea Pirlo's contract situation amid rumours that the Italy great could end his career in England. Juventus are still deciding whether to offer the veteran midfielder a new deal. If Antonio Conte's side decide not to extend the 34-year-old's, he is [.
Everton have turned down an improved offer from Manchester United for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini. The Daily Express claims that a £36m joint-bid for the pair was tabled by the champions earlier this week, but has now been rejected. The new bid valued Belgium international Fellaini at £23.
Liverpool's proposed move for Granada defender Guilherme Siqueira could be challenged by Spanish giants Real Madrid should Fabio Coentrao decided he wants to leave. According to the Daily Mail, Liverpool has made an official bid for Siqueira worth £5million but Real Madrid have their eye on the left back should Coentrao decide to quit the Bernabeu.
Manchester United are expected to make a formal double bid to Everton for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines. Manager David Moyes' interest in his two former players has been well documented. As we reported yesterday, he is stepping up his efforts to sign Fellaini after accepting that Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas is probably not going to [.
Chelsea are set to make a £40m bid for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney. United rejected a £30m bid from the Blues earlier this summer, but Jose Mourinho's side are expected to return with their improved offer later this week, the Daily Mail reports. Rooney has missed all United's pre-season matches so far with a [.
Italian side Juventus are planning to sign highly-rated Manchester United youngster Adnan Januzaj just 12 months after doing the same with Paul Pogba. The Old Lady find United to be a decent feeder club at the moment, and hope to once again snatch a young star from the champions by promising them more regular [.
Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has told friends that he wants to move to Manchester United. The former Arsenal captain hopes to quit the Camp Nou in favour of a return to the Premier League, according to reports in today's Daily Mail. The champions have already had two bids for the 26-year-old turned down by Barca.
Everton are close to agreeing a deal that will see Granada left-back Guilherme Siqueira join the club... if they lose Leighton Baines to Manchester United. The Toffees are making contingency plans in case former boss David Moyes lures Baines to Old Trafford. Siqueira, aged 27, is Roberto Martinez's preferred replacement.
Arsenal are plotting a summer move for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney. According to the Daily Mail, members of the Gunners' backroom team were discussing bidding for the wantaway England international as far back as March after being alerted that he was no longer happy at Old Trafford. Arsenal are said to be serious about [.
It was a Saturday morning game for the youth team at the old Cliff training ground. I was lucky. I was in a side that had Paul Scholes, David Beckham and Nicky Butt, who had scored a hat-trick, and at half-time we were 3-0 up against Chester.
We were all 16 or 17 so we must have felt pretty pleased with ourselves.
Wednesday night sees the return of Luis Suarez after his ban for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic last season. And guess what? The Daily Mail have penned an open letter asking the Uruguayan striker to behave! One of the more stranger things to have happened in the world of football journalism recently for sure.
Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez has asked for there to be a ban on questions regarding his future at Liverpool while on international duty this week, it has been reported. According to the Daily Mail, Suarez does not want to have to answer any questions about his desire to quit the Merseyside club while away on international duty.
Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates could be set for a move to Fulham. The Uruguay international has not made a major impression on the Reds' first-team since his arrival from Nacional. The arrival of ex-Manchester City defender Kolo Toure suggests that, even after Jamie Carragher's arrival, his prospects of regular game time will not improve.
Just days after saying that he would be open to offers from clubs like Real Madrid, Luis Suarez has said that he may leave Liverpool after all in the summer. According to the Daily Mail, the Spanish giants are preparing a £30 million offer for the striker, who has been a shining light in an otherwise poor season for Liverpool.
Gareth Barry at carrington pic.twitter.com/ROWFvmbL jackie allen (@TOJMCFC) June 23, 2012 Gareth Barry's departure from Manchester City has not exactly been mourned by the club's supporters except those responsible for washing the players' cars. While his on-pitch exploits were not always appreciated at City, his tipping certainly was.
Chelsea defender David Luiz will ask to leave the club when he reports for training on Monday morning, Spanish champions Barcelona are hoping. The Catalan giants are convinced that the Brazil international wants to join them this summer. After having a bid for him rejected by the Blues on Wednesday, Barca are expecting Luiz to [.
Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is planning to give Gareth Bale the schizophrenic treatment if you believe today's papers. The Daily Mirror reports that Levy is fed up with the speculation and the Bale camp's agitating over suggestions that the chairman has reneged on a promise to sell him if they failed to qualify for the [.
QPR have launched an internal investigation after Stephane Mbia took to Twitter to begin talks about a move away from the club. Mbia tweeted Joey Barton who moved to Marseille on loan as part of the deal that saw Mbia move to Loftus Road asking if they could swap back. He tweeted: "Do [...]
The Newcastle fan alleged to have punched a horse following last weekend's derby defeat to Sunderland insists he's an animal lover. Unemployed factory work Barry Rogerson, aged 45, from Morpeth, reeled off a list of pets and a penchant for feeding foxes in mitigation for his attack on a police horse.
An excellent spot by Steve Angelesey in his 3pm column for the Mirror. The image above shows the Daily Mail's predicted England line-up for the 2014 World Cup. They gazed into their crystal ball back in 2007... but it's not looking promising at this stage. Theo Walcott will probably make the squad, and Scott Sinclair [.
Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay was asked to resign as manager of the club prior to this week, according to a club insider that was interviewed byThe Daily Mailnewspaper.
There are very few details known, but what we do know is that Cardiff City's head of recruitment Iain Moody has been removed from the club, and that he's been replaced by 23-year-old Alisher Apsalyamovwho is a friend of Tan's son.
This stage has been positioned at The Bernabeu Gareth Bale's arrival is edging closer #thfc #rmfc pic.twitter.com/S39N4PmYmf Speaking Sport (@BTSportBreaking) August 23, 2013 Spurs have agreed to let Gareth Bale join Real Madrid for a world record £86m fee, reports the Daily Mail. The reports claim that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy signed off [.
welcome to a brand new week. It might be a chore to drag yourself out of bed on a Monday morning, but it also brings with it freshness and hope. Will there be action? Might something happen this week? Who knows? It's like an Arsenal season encapsulated in the space of one week.
The Daily Mail is reporting that Steven Taylor is a target of Arsenal during the summer, as the London club try to strengthen their defense. Steven Taylor unlikely to want to leave Newcastle Newcastle could lose one or two of their other center-backs this summer, with Fabricio Coloccini wanting to again move back to [.