Atletico Madrid

Diego Costa

Thursday Kickoff: Barca 'close' to signings; Kylina Mbappe undecided and more

Soccer By Ives at related • 0 views

Transfer sagas continue to surround Barcelona while Real Madrid's big target remains undecided.

Barcelona's general manager Pep Segura says the club is "close" to signing Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele. (REPORT)

PSG youth academy sporting director Luis Fernandez said that Kylian Mbappe has "two or three teams" in mind: Real Madrid, Paris Saint Germain and possibly Manchester City.

‘I Must Return To Atletico Madrid’ – AWOL Diego Costa Releases Statement Confirming He Won’t Play For Chelsea Again

Who Ate All the Pies at related • 0 views

Diego Costa has gone on record as saying he has no intention of returning to Chelsea and is instead hell-bent on rejoining former club Atletico Madrid at the nearest available juncture.

Despite the season starting a fortnight ago, Costa steadfastly failed to report back and is currently training privately in his hometown of Lagarto, Brazil.

Mourinho To Wait Until January For New Signings

Soccer Tickets Online at related • 0 views

According to media reports, Jose Mourinho is prepared to wait until January before making further additions to his Manchester United squad, and instead will spend the rest of the transfer window trying to offload his fringe players.

It's a curious decision by Mourinho who has insisted all summer that he needed at least four signings.

Chelsea At War With Diego Costa’s Lawyer

Soccer Tickets Online at related • 0 views

With a straight face, Chelsea have slammed claims from Diego Costa's lawyer that manager Antonio Conte is forcing the striker out of Stamford Bridge.

It's a bit difficult for Chelsea to claim the high ground here after Conte told Costa via text message at the end of last season that the striker was no longer in his first-team plans.

Diego Costa nearing AC Milan move

SoccerLens at related • 0 views

Diego Costa is nearing a move to AC Milan as per reports.

The Spanish striker helped Antonio Conte win his first Premier League title in his very first season in England. However, post season comments from the striker indicated he would be on his way out for the new season.

Costa has been reported multiple times claiming Atletico Madrid to be his preferred club to move.

Chelsea: Diego Costa Spends Pre-Season Partying In Brazil While Wearing Atletico Madrid Shirt (Video)

Who Ate All the Pies at related • 0 views

Diego Costa has provided us with further circumstantial evidence (if it were needed) that he won't be a Chelsea player next season.

The striker reportedly already has one foot out of the door at Stamford Bridge having seen his already fractious relationship with manager Antonio Conte dissolve to nowt over the past few weeks.

Diego Costa: Given extended time off to sort out Atletico return as it's clear that he will be sold.

A Chelsea Fans Blog for Chelsea Fans at related • 2 views

Diego Costa has been given permission by Chelsea to miss the start of pre-season training this week as he looks to secure a move back to Atletico Madrid and subsequent loan until January despite wanting to stay at Chelsea.

Ever since Antonio Conte broke the news to Diego Costa (reportedly) via text message that he is no longer part of his plans moving forward, we have all had an eye on the players return to Cobham and pre-season training today.

Chelsea striker Diego Costa set for Atletico Madrid return despite transfer ban

SoccerLens at related • 0 views

Premier League champions Chelsea’s want-away striker Diego Costa is close to completing his proposed return to Atletico Madrid, the Telegraph report.

Despite scoring 20 goals and providing seven assists to guide Chelsea win the Premier League title last season, the 28-year-old was told by a text message last month by Antonio Conte that he has no future at the Stamford Bridge.

Lampard: Chelsea will find it hard to replace Costa

SoccerLens at related • 0 views

Chelsea striker Diego Costa played an influential role in the club’s Premier League win last season, and hence, it was surprising to see him announce that he was not in manager Antonio Conte’s plans for the future.

Chelsea legend Frank Lampard has weighed in with his views and has said that the Spaniard will be a difficult player to replace.

Liverpool

Tuesday Kickoff: Liverpool determined to keep Philippe Coutinho, Virgil van Dijk requests transfer and more

Soccer By Ives at related • 0 views

With the transfer window heading towards an end, Liverpool remain active as the club looks to sign one player while holding onto another.

Liverpool is reportedly holding firm on their stance that Philippe Coutinho is not for sale amid Barcelona interest. (REPORT)

Virgil van Dijk, who remains a Liverpool target, handed in a transfer request in an attempt to force a move from Southampton.

Barcelona are looking at these five potential replacements for Neymar

Just-Football at related • 0 views
When the summer transfer window started and rumours swirled about a beloved left winger leaving one of the Spanish giants, no one imagined it would all end with Barcelona's mercurial Neymar packing...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more!

Confirmed Team News: Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid lineups

Off the Post at related • 0 views
Here are the confirmed lineups for tonight's Audi Cup final between Liverpool and Atletico Madrid at the Allianz Arena in Munich. Liverpool...

Click the headline to read the full story.

Daniel Sturridge injury update

Off the Post at related • 0 views
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has been ruled out of this evening's Audi Cup final clash with Atletico Madrid. The England international...

Click the headline to read the full story.

La Liga

Newcastle board in talks over attacker, South American would take them to the next level

SoccerLens at related • 0 views

Newcastle United are looking to improve their attacking options ahead of the new season and Angel Correra is a target for them this summer.

The Atletico Madrid attacker is a very highly rated around Europe and Benitez wants to bring him to England.

Correa has been linked with other Premier League clubs this summer but it seems that Newcastle’s interest is quite serious.

PHOTO: Newcastle agree deal with La Liga giants for defender, 23-yr-old poses in club shirt

SoccerLens at related • 0 views

Atletico Madrid defender Javier Manquillo has joined Newcastle United on a permanent deal earlier this afternoon.

Some things are just better in black and white. ⚫️⚪️#WelcomeJavier #NUFC pic.twitter.com/uG3GBAkuCl

- Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) July 21, 2017

The Premier League outfit have confirmed on their official website that the two clubs have agreed on a fee for the highly talented right back and Manquillo has signed a three-year contract with the Magpies.

Official: Saul Niguez Signs An Absolute Pardew Of A Contract Extension With Atletico Madrid

Who Ate All the Pies at related • 0 views

Saul Niguez has signed an absolute whopper of a contract extension that will keep the young midfielder at Atletico Madrid until oursun shrivels and dies.

The deal is of epically Pardewian proportions, with Saul pledging his future to Atleti until the year of our lord 2026 that's NINE YEARS.

Griezmann Signs New Contract With Same Release Clause

Soccer Tickets Online at related • 0 views

Antoine Griezmann will sign a new five-year contract with Atletico Madrid that will retain his €100 million release clause, according to the club's president.

The France international had looked on course to join Manchester United for a fee reportedly in the region of €100million (£88m) the release clause in his Atletico contract with Griezmann at one point saying there was a 'six out of 10' chance of him moving to Old Trafford this summer.

Manchester United target signs new contract, release clause still in place

SoccerLens at related • 0 views

Antoine Griezmann has penned down a new one-year contract extension at Atletico Madrid to keep him at the club until 2020.

The France International was heavily linked with a move to Manchester United, who were reportedly willing to trigger his £87 million release clause but Griezmann has instead opted to prolong his stay after Atletico Madrid failed in their attempt to overturn their transfer ban.

AFP

Spanish Liga to file PSG complaint over Neymar

EPL Talk at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Spain’s football league chief Javier Tebas said he will file a complaint with UEFA for financial fair play breaches against Paris Saint-Germain over their pursuit of Brazilian superstar Neymar.

PSG are rumoured to be weighing up a bid for the Barcelona forward at more than 200 million euros, enough to trigger the 25-year-old’s transfer release clause.

Spanish Liga to file PSG complaint over Neymar

World Cup Buzz at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Spain’s football league chief Javier Tebas said he will file a complaint with UEFA for financial fair play breaches against Paris Saint-Germain over their pursuit of Brazilian superstar Neymar.

PSG are rumoured to be weighing up a bid for the Barcelona forward at more than 200 million euros, enough to trigger the 25-year-old’s transfer release clause.

Simeone extends Atletico contract to 2019 – report

World Cup Buzz at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Atletico Madrid head coach Diego Simeone has extended his contract with the capital club until 2019, according to a report by Spanish radio station Cadena SER.

The 47-year-old Argentinian had shortened his contract from 2020 to 2018 after his side’s Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid last year.

Falcao makes 8 million-euro payment to Spanish taxman

EPL Talk at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Monaco’s Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, suspected of tax evasion in Spain, has paid 8.2 million euros ($9.3 million) to Spanish tax authorities, judicial sources told AFP on Thursday.

Falcao is suspected of failing to correctly declare 5.6 million euros of income earned from image rights between 2012 and 2013 while he was at Atletico Madrid.

Atletico secure Vitolo deal despite FIFA ban

World Cup Buzz at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Atletico Madrid said Wednesday they had signed Spanish international Victor Machin Perez, know as ‘Vitolo’, from Sevilla but immediately loaned him to Las Palmas to comply with a FIFA recruitment ban.

“Atletico de Madrid has reached an agreement with Víctor Machín Perez, Vitolo, for the next five years after the football player rescinded his contract with Sevilla,” Atletico said on their website.

Atletico secure Vitolo deal despite FIFA ban

EPL Talk at related • 2 views

Madrid (AFP) – Atletico Madrid said Wednesday they had signed Spanish international Victor Machin Perez, know as ‘Vitolo’, from Sevilla but immediately loaned him to Las Palmas to comply with a FIFA recruitment ban.

“Atletico de Madrid has reached an agreement with Víctor Machín Perez, Vitolo, for the next five years after the football player rescinded his contract with Sevilla,” Atletico said on their website.

New Real Madrid recruit Hernandez looking to learn from ‘world’s best’

EPL Talk at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Real Madrid’s new French left-back Theo Hernandez said Monday he joined the Spanish champions from cross-city rivals Atletico Madrid because he wants to learn from the “world’s best players”.

“I am very happy to be here, the best club in the world, and I have come here to learn from the best players in the world,” the 19-year-old said at his official presentation at Real’s Santiago Bernabeu stadium.

Costa given extra time off with Chelsea future uncertain

World Cup Buzz at related • 0 views

London (AFP) – Diego Costa has been permitted by Premier League champions Chelsea to miss the start of pre-season training on Monday, fuelling speculation he is set to rejoin Atletico Madrid.

The 28-year-old Brazil-born Spanish international is still keen on a return to Atletico despite them not being allowed to field new players until January because of a transfer ban.

Costa given extra time off with Chelsea future uncertain

EPL Talk at related • 0 views

London (AFP) – Diego Costa has been permitted by Premier League champions Chelsea to miss the start of pre-season training on Monday, fuelling speculation he is set to rejoin Atletico Madrid.

The 28-year-old Brazil-born Spanish international is still keen on a return to Atletico despite them not being allowed to field new players until January because of a transfer ban.

Torres extends Atletico deal for an extra year

World Cup Buzz at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Striker Fernando Torres will stay at Atletico Madrid until the end of next season after signing a contract extension, the La Liga club announced on Wednesday.

The former Spain international’s contract had run out, but he will now stay at Atletico until June 30, 2018.

Torres extends Atletico deal for an extra year

EPL Talk at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Striker Fernando Torres will stay at Atletico Madrid until the end of next season after signing a contract extension, the La Liga club announced on Wednesday.

The former Spain international’s contract had run out, but he will now stay at Atletico until June 30, 2018.

Saul extends Atletico deal until 2026

EPL Talk at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez on Saturday signed a contract extension that will keep him at the La Liga outfit for another nine years.

The 22-year-old joined Atletico’s academy in 2007, and extended his stay in the capital by a further five seasons, despite reported interest from other European clubs.

Super-agent Jorge Mendes in court over Falcao ‘tax evasion’

World Cup Buzz at related • 0 views

Pozuelo de Alarcón (Spain) (AFP) – Football super-agent Jorge Mendes arrived in court near Madrid Tuesday for questioning over a probe into striker Radamel Falcao’s alleged tax evasion, just one of his clients to fall foul of Spain’s judiciary.

As Spanish authorities tighten the net around footballers such as Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, another Mendes client suspected of fiscal fraud, their advisers and agents are coming under scrutiny too.

Super-agent Jorge Mendes in court over Falcao ‘tax evasion’

EPL Talk at related • 0 views

Pozuelo de Alarcón (Spain) (AFP) – Football super-agent Jorge Mendes arrived in court near Madrid Tuesday for questioning over a probe into striker Radamel Falcao’s alleged tax evasion, just one of his clients to fall foul of Spain’s judiciary.

As Spanish authorities tighten the net around footballers such as Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, another Mendes client suspected of fiscal fraud, their advisers and agents are coming under scrutiny too.

Super-agent Mendes summoned over Falcao tax evasion

World Cup Buzz at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Footballing super-agent Jorge Mendes, who manages Cristiano Ronaldo among others, has been summoned before a Spanish court as part of the probe into Colombian striker Radamel Falcao’s alleged tax evasion, legal sources said on Wednesday.

Monaco’s Falcao is suspected of failing to correctly declare 5.

Antoine Griezmann extends Atletico deal until 2022

World Cup Buzz at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with Atletico Madrid by a year, the Spanish club announced on Tuesday.

Griezmann’s contract now runs until June 30, 2022, and ends rumours linking him with a move away from Atletico.

“The first thing that I want to do is apologise to the people who misunderstood my statements,” the 26-year-old said.

Antoine Griezmann extends Atletico deal until 2022

EPL Talk at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with Atletico Madrid by a year, the Spanish club announced on Tuesday.

Griezmann’s contract now runs until June 30, 2022, and ends rumours linking him with a move away from Atletico.

“The first thing that I want to do is apologise to the people who misunderstood my statements,” the 26-year-old said.

Griezmann extends Atletico deal until 2022: reports

World Cup Buzz at related • 0 views

Madrid (AFP) – Atletico Madrid’s French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with the Spanish club by a year, according to press reports in Spain on Monday.

“Antoine Griezmann signed a contract with Atletico until 2022,” Madrid sports daily Marca reported.

According to As newspaper, “Atletico has revised the player’s salary to reward his performance” and made an “economic effort” to convince the player to stay.

Griezmann extends Atletico deal until 2022: reports

EPL Talk at related • 1 view

Madrid (AFP) – Atletico Madrid’s French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with the Spanish club by a year, according to press reports in Spain on Monday.

“Antoine Griezmann signed a contract with Atletico until 2022,” Madrid sports daily Marca reported.

According to As newspaper, “Atletico has revised the player’s salary to reward his performance” and made an “economic effort” to convince the player to stay.

The Rest

Real Madrid: Theo Hernandez Performs Six Laughably Crap Kick-Ups At Bernabeu Presentation (Video)

Who Ate All the Pies at related • 0 views

Theo Hernandez has recently become the first player for over 17 years to directly cross the breach between Atletico and Real Madrid by joining the latter in a contentious £20million deal.

As is the done thing, the 19-year-old full-back was unveiled in front of the cameras and a modest cluster of fans at the Bernabeu, whom he was asked to entertain with a few choice tricks and flicks.

Thursday Kickoff: Man United nearing Lukaku deal, Casillas re-signs and more

Soccer By Ives at related • 1 view

A major transfer could be coming soon while two Spanish legends have re-upped with their current clubs.

Manchester United has reportedly agreed to a £75 million deal to sign Romelu Lukaku from Everton. (REPORT)

Iker Casillas has signed a new one-year contract to remain with FC Porto.

Reports: Atletico Madrid interested in signing out of contract Zlatan Ibrahimovic

SoccerLens at related • 0 views

Atletico Madrid are interested to sign out of contract Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, according to reports from Spanish outlet Sport.

The 35-year-old played a starring role for Manchester United last season, scoring 28 goals from 46 appearances to guide the club win the EFL Cup and the Europa League.