For the second time in the space of a week, Chelsea fought back from adversity against one of their rivals for the top four and produced a stunning fightback to take three important points.
We have to be honest however and admit that at half time Chelsea looked in big trouble, a goal down, not playing well and sitting far too deep, City dominated the half and the neutrals watching around the world would have said it was a justified scoreline.
Antonio Conte takes his Chelsea team to the Etihad Stadium tomorrow to face Pep Guardiola's Manchester City side in the showpiece lunchtime kickoff.
It's the perfect game for Chelsea coming at the perfect time in my view. Seven wins in a row with just a single goal conceded, this is without question our biggest test of our new formation and of our tactics.
When Antonio Conte took charge of Chelsea and dropped points at Swansea before losing to both Liverpool and Arsenal within his first six games, almost everyone in the football world wrote him off. With perennial rivals storming ahead in the Premier League and losses a rarity in the top five, Conte looked almost dead and buried before he'd even got going.
It's no wonder that Diego Costa has become a reported target of a former top European club after his fantastic displays for Chelsea this season. Inter Milan are preparing a reported £50m bid.
Without question, Chelsea are not going to listen to any interest for Diego Costa as he has demonstrated that he is one of the best strikers in the world right now based on form and his overall performances.
Antonio Conte has spoken of his admiration for the mentality of his players following our 2-1 victory over Tottenham at the weekend claiming that we are a different team to that of two months ago.
So much has changed at Chelsea during that period and now we sit at the top of the Premier League.
Harry Redknapp speaking as a Pundit on BT Sport after Chelsea had come from behind to beat Tottenham made some bold statements. I'm wondering whether or not you agree?
'I think when they have got a fully fit team, I would not want to be swapping anyone in Chelsea's best team for Tottenham's.
The title of this article says it all really – we reckon Victor Moses is a better player than Manchester United's world-record signing Paul Pogba. Before this season, even the most diehard Blues fans and footballtipsters would have laughed at the suggestion. But Moses' form this season tells a different story.
Chelsea beat Tottenham on Saturday evening having recovered from going a goal down to make a real statement of intent this season.
Chelsea versus Spurs in any season is always a massive game. No matter how well or bad either of us are doing, none of us want to suffer defeat to the other as this game means more than the majority of others during the course of a Premier League season.
With plenty of transfer rumour and speculation over the immediate Chelsea futures of Cesc Fabregas and Oscar, Antonio Conte has spoken out and re-iterated that these two remain important players for Chelsea and will not be leaving in the January transfer window.
As far as the players are concerned that has to be good to hear with both having had to settle for a place on the sidelines this season.
Victor Moses has proven to be an integral part of Chelsea's recent success having adopted Antonio Conte's 3-4-3 formation. The Chelsea boss has admitted that he finds it hard to believe that he had previously been overlooked at Chelsea.
If we take a step back in time looking back at the last two or three pre-season campaigns at the club, Victor Moses has arguably been our best player.
Who could have possibly imagined after just six Premier League games Chelsea would sit at the top of the Premier League? Without question, we more than deserve to be there.
Chelsea's victory over Middlesborough at the weekend was not our best performance in the last six games, however it made a real statement in my eyes, it served notice of just how hard we are going to be to play against and to beat.
David Luiz was once described as a defender being controlled by a 10-year-old on PlayStation. In the last six games he has demonstrated that he is actually the Ringmaster of Chelsea's back three.
I wrote an article on David Luiz when he first rejoined Chelsea stating that he was here to change opinions from his first spell in the Premier League but no-one thought it would be this soon.
Thibaut Courtois is another who remains the subject of intense speculation over his Chelsea future with links back to La Liga always the subject of questions put to him whenever he talks to the media.
However, recently while away with Belgium, he has rejected any reports of a possible move back to Spain describing life at Chelsea as perfect.
It seems as though there is not a transfer window that goes by of late without Oscar being the subject of intense speculation surrounding his Chelsea future.
This time around however; there could be some substance in reports that Antonio Conte is prepared to listen to offers for the 25 year-old playmaker who has fallen out of favour since the tactical change was made to our new 3-4-3 formation.
After a bitterly disappointing 2015/16 season that saw Chelsea finish 10th in the Premier League and miss out on Champions League football for the first time in 13 seasons, the recently appointed Antonio Conte has changed the team dynamic has the team poised to make a Premier League title challenge.